CFS/Fibromyalgia-Friendly Recipe: Chocolate Truffle
Here's another great FMS-friendly dish from one of my favorite nutritionists, Lauren Hoover-West. (Visit Lauren's blog to see all her recipes.)
Lauren's Chocolate Truffles
These are so creamy that you'll never miss the dairy! They are rich and chocolaty and melt in your mouth.
Yields: Approximately 40 truffles
For Truffle Filling:
- 12 ounces dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free chocolate chips (I recommend Lilly's Stevia Sweetened or Enjoy Life)
- 1 1/4 cups regular unsweetened coconut milk (not light)
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract or seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 drop coffee extract or 1/8 tsp instant espresso
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or nuts of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Place topping ingredients into separate bowls and set aside.
- Place chocolate in a metal or glass bowl and set aside.
- Put coconut milk in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Then turn off heat.
- Pour chopped chocolate into hot coconut milk, making it into a Ganache. Let it sit for 2 minutes and then whisk until smooth and well mixed.
- Add 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract, or seeds of 1 vanilla bean, with coffee extract and whisk.
- Chill the Ganache in the refrigerator until it is completely set and thick like fudge (about 4 hours).
- Scoop with a small ice cream scooper and roll into your choice of the toppings you set aside.
Keep in an airtight container. They'll remain fresh for a week if in a refrigerator, or a month or two if in a freezer.
Be Well & Thrive,
Lauren Hoover-West, HolisticHealth Coach & ChefPhone: (925) 457-7799 | Website: No Wheat, No Dairy, No Problem!
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. is one of the world's leading integrative medical authorities on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He is the lead author of eight research studies on their effective treatments, and has published numerous health & wellness books, including the bestseller on fibromyalgia From Fatigued to Fantastic! and The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution. Dr. Teitelbaum is one of the most frequently quoted fibromyalgia experts in the world and appears often as a guest on news and talk shows nationwide including Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah & Friends, CNN, and Fox News Health.