My greatest fulfillment has always come from working directly with people in my practice. I am available for consultations both in person and by phone.
Your comprehensive "new patient" consultation session includes three hours of one-on-one time with me, during which I will:
- Review your medical records and lab test results.
- Thoroughly discuss with you the experiences you've had with this illness.
- Determine what is likely causing your CFS or fibromyalgia (or fatigue or pain).
- Review my findings with you, in detail, and answer all of your questions.
- Design a detailed treatment protocol specific to your case.
- Prescribe and then monitor your treatment progress.
If you already have a treating physician and simply want to speak with me to discuss your case and ask me questions, I also offer two-hour consultations as well.
- It's compassionate people like you who give me hope and shore up the dignity this illness erodes. You may never fully understand how much it helps CFS patients just to know we're not overlooked or dismissed, and that someone brilliant enough to know how to look for the answers is looking for them!! Heroes not only run into burning buildings to save people, sometimes they search for ways to restore others to health. God bless you and your staff!"
— Former patient, Ruth
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I have to travel to Hawaii in person for the consultation?
No. As long as you have a physician who has examined you to rule out other causes of your symptoms and you can supply those records, and as long as you continue to see your local physician yearly, I can prescribe the treatments needed for your CFS and fibromyalgia.
Q. Can you prescribe without first doing a three-hour consultation?
No. Although I can make recommendations for you and your physician following a two-hour phone consultation, I would need to have performed a complete initial three-hour evaluation before I could prescribe medications.
Q. Is Cheryl Alberto still offering her consultation services?
Yes. Cheryl (our office educator) is available at $95 per hour to help guide you on day-to-day care and answer your questions. Using her services can markedly cut down the time I need to spend on follow-up consultations with you and can certainly help reduce the overall fees from us.
Q. Do you consult with people outside the U.S.?
Yes. I consult with patients worldwide.
If you'd like to learn more about a one-on-one consultation with me, and having me become your physician, please contact our office appointments manager, Sarah, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-800-feel-btr (1-800-333-5287). If leaving a message (you will get a voicemail as our staff is very busy taking care of people), please be sure to include your name and phone number so that we can return your call.