Here's another great FMS-friendly dish from one of my favorite nutritionists, Lauren Hoover-West. (Visit Lauren's blog to see all her recipes.)
Lauren's Golden Turmeric Milk
If you have any kind of inflammation, drink this daily! Turmeric root aids both digestion and immune function. Adding black pepper will activate the turmeric so that its even more effective. It also lowers blood sugar and helps promote healthy cholesterol levels. Cinnamon and turmeric are great for balancing blood sugar and both improve insulin function in pre type 2 diabetics!
- 1 1/2 cups alternative homemade nut or seed milk or coconut milk (no gums)
- 1 tsp. ground organic turmeric or 1 TBSP peeled, freshly grated turmeric (ideal)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground organic black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger root (peeled)
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon or Vietnamese cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. raw local honey or real maple syrup or stevia
- Put everything, except sweetener, into a sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Turn to low heat on the smallest burner.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn off and let steep for 20 more minutes.
- Strain and reheat on stove — not the microwave!
- Add honey or maple syrup to taste as needed.
Be Well & Thrive,
Lauren Hoover-West, Holistic Health Coach & ChefPhone: (925) 457-7799 | Website: No Wheat, No Dairy, No Problem!
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. is one of the world's leading integrative medical authorities on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He is the lead author of four research studies on their treatments, and has published numerous health & wellness books, including the bestseller on fibromyalgia From Fatigued to Fantastic! and The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution. Dr. Teitelbaum is one of the most frequently quoted fibromyalgia experts in the world and appears often as a guest on news and talk shows nationwide including Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah & Friends, CNN, and Fox News Health.