Many people with CFS and fibromyalgia find that they have trouble tolerating wheat and dairy. With that in mind, here's another great FMS-friendly dish from one of my favorite nutritionists, Lauren Hoover-West. (Visit Lauren's blog to see all her recipes.)
Lauren's Roasted or Grilled Asparagus
This is crispy, tender and delicious! Kids love it too. In season in the Spring, this is very high in glutathione, which will boost your immune system!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground pepper (already ground can be moldy)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed/pressed, optional or granulated garlic
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Or you can cook on your BBQ grill.
- Cut about 2 inches off the bottom of the asparagus and discard or compost.
- Wash asparagus and put onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over over asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic if you wish.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until they are just fork tender, but not too soft or they will be stringy.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Be Well & Thrive,
Lauren Hoover-West, Holistic Health Coach & ChefPhone: (925) 457-7799 | Website: No Wheat, No Dairy, No Problem!
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. is one of the world's leading integrative medical authorities on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He is the lead author of four research studies on their treatments, and has published numerous health & wellness books, including the bestseller on fibromyalgia From Fatigued to Fantastic! and The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution. Dr. Teitelbaum is one of the most frequently quoted fibromyalgia experts in the world and appears often as a guest on news and talk shows nationwide including Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah & Friends, CNN, and Fox News Health.