We are excited that my book From Fatigued to Fantastic! is back in the number one best-selling position on Amazon in the CFS and fibromyalgia category!
In this upcoming newsletter series, I'm going to take you through the "Brain Fog Friendly Summaries" (BFF Summaries) that I've included at the beginning of each chapter in my book. I've added these into this new edition because of the amount of depth and detail in it. The summaries can allow you to skim through the book and get the key information you need in under an hour — even if you have brain fog!
NOTE: From Fatigued To Fantastic is available on Amazon with two different covers, a blue cover and a green one. Though the blue cover is the newer version, the green one has the same content inside. So if you already have that one, you do not need to buy the new one. If you don't, I recommend you buy the blue cover version.
Then, you can dive in to read the areas that most interest you in more depth. The first few chapters simply layout the background on fatigue, CFS and fibromyalgia, and I've included the Brain Fog Friendly Summary for this background in this newsletter. In the book, we then proceed with a detailed discussion on the foundations of optimizing energy for everyone (this is also important information for those with CFS and fibromyalgia to start with). Then I describe the seven different kinds of pain and how to eliminate each. Then "S.H.I.N.E.® Intensive Care" for CFS and fibromyalgia, mind-body tools for healing, what to do if you are sensitive to everything, and throughout I include research-proven approaches to recover from CFS and fibromyalgia.
Whew! A lot of information. But well organized and easy to follow. And made easy to access with the Brain Fog Friendly Summaries. I invite you to get the book, and change your life!
But let's begin with simply addressing why we're seeing the perfect storm for a human energy crisis. Next week, I'll discuss how to get a good night's sleep! Over the coming year, we will discuss each of the key areas needed for people to recover and optimize their health!
[The following information is adapted from my book, From Fatigued to Fantastic!, with permission from my book's publisher Penguin/Avery, 4th edition blue cover, June 15, 2021.]
Intro: Optimizing Energy with S.H.I.N.E.®
- The keys for optimizing energy production can be summarized with the acronym S.H.I.N.E.:
- Exercise as able
- In part one [referring to the book], we will lay the foundations for optimizing these aspects of your life with one chapter dedicated to each letter of S.H.I.N.E.
That's the end of the BFF summary in the first chapter of my book. I'm going to provide a similar breakdown of S.H.I.N.E. in the upcoming newsletters in this series, though shortened to very simplified overviews of each when compared to the detail in the book. After that, I'll move on to numerous other areas such as:
- Sensitive to Everything
- and dozens of other key areas ...
The Perfect Storm for Human Energy Crisis
Wondering why 31 percent of Americans experience severe fatigue, and 2 to 4 percent deal with CFS/FMS, the worst form of the human energy crisis? Here are just a few reasons:
- With 18 percent of our calories coming from added sugar and another 18 percent from white flour, the modern American diet has lost about 50 percent of its vitamins and minerals.
- The average night’s sleep in America until 140 years ago when light bulbs were invented was nine hours a night. We are now down to an average of six and three-quarter hours—a 30 percent pay cut for our bodies.
- The speed of life has dramatically accelerated.
- There are over eighty-five thousand new chemicals in the environment, which stress both our immune and hormonal systems.
- Many medications have fatigue as a side effect.
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. is one of the world's leading integrative medical authorities on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He is the lead author of eight research studies on their effective treatments, and has published numerous health & wellness books, including the bestseller on fibromyalgia From Fatigued to Fantastic! and The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution. Dr. Teitelbaum is one of the most frequently quoted fibromyalgia experts in the world and appears often as a guest on news and talk shows nationwide including Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah & Friends, CNN, and Fox News Health.