In this week's continuing series on "Fatigue & Fibromyalgia Are Optional" (part 12), we have two short Brain Fog Friendly Summaries: The effectiveness of the S.H.I.N.E.® protocol, and a reminder to all of us of exactly what CFS and fibromyalgia are.
S.H.I.N.E.® Intensive Care
- Research shows that fibromyalgia is very treatable, with average improvements of over 90 percent using the S.H.I.N.E.® protocol. A major part of the protocol can be done naturally without a physician’s prescription.
- To make optimizing energy easy, there is a free brain fog–friendly ten-minute quiz at EnergyAnalysisProgram.com that can analyze your symptoms (and even key lab tests if available). It uses and organizes the principles discussed in my book. The quiz will quickly identify likely key issues draining your energy, and tailor a protocol to optimize energy production in your case.
What Are Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia?
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is characterized by the paradox of inability to sleep despite being exhausted, brain fog, and, if fibromyalgia (FMS) is also present, widespread pain. You may have a variety of other symptoms as well. Common symptoms include increased thirst, weight gain, low libido, nasal congestion/sinusitis, and frequent infections.
- CFS and FMS occur when you expend more energy than you can make. This overloads your circuits, causing you to "blow a fuse" in the part of the brain called the hypothalamus.
- There is no currently accepted test for making the diagnosis. It is not needed. Our free ten-minute quiz is very effective. Testing is needed, however, to determine the cause(s) of your CFS/FMS, and how to effectively treat it.
- Research shows that effective therapy is available for 91 percent of people with CFS/FMS by simply treating with the S.H.I.N.E. protocol (increasing and addressing Sleep, Hormones, Infections, Nutrition, and Exercise as able).
From My New Edition of From Fatigued to Fantastic
To remind you, BFFs are just the short summaries I include at the beginning of each chapter in my newest edition of From Fatigued to Fantastic I added these to my new edition to help readers who don't have the time to go through all the detail in every chapter, allowing them to quickly get the main points of a topic while devoting more time to reading the details in chapters they're more interested in.
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. is one of the world's leading integrative medical authorities on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He is the lead author of eight research studies on their effective treatments, and has published numerous health & wellness books, including the bestseller on fibromyalgia From Fatigued to Fantastic! and The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution. Dr. Teitelbaum is one of the most frequently quoted fibromyalgia experts in the world and appears often as a guest on news and talk shows nationwide including Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah & Friends, CNN, and Fox News Health.